Book review : Painted to Death

Book review :

Painted to Death is a colourful cozy with a mysterious demise, miniscule sculptures, a cold climate, a romantic crush, and a prying roommate. This book is is the debut of A Triple-Decker Mysteries. 

The story revolves around Sam Green who is an art student with some pretty creative habits when it comes to solving mysteries. Her roommate, Catherine, died in mysterious circumstances in her painting studio on their college campus. She sets out to learn what happened.

I really enjoyed the art school setting. There were a bunch of possible suspects . I was able to quickly guess, but I really enjoyed the journey as Sam investigated and we learned who did it. Plus there's a fun mini romance mixed in.

 All the characters  were relatable and likable, and I enjoyed Sam's relationships with her friends and roomies. It included some good humor and at times I was chuckling. However, there was a lot of art related information that sort of made me glaze over some .

The author has beautifully depicted the art gallery and the emotions underlying roomies if such a thing happens. The way all the scenes are depicted is marvellous. 

 I really enjoyed the underlying murder mystery and sneaky amateur detecting involved, and the twist at the end was not what I expected. If you are looking to cozy up with a good fast mystery, I highly recommend this one. 

Happy Reading!

Comments