Potential Suspect A Gripping Courtroom Drama | Crime Thriller Court room drama by Ashok Bhasin
"Potential Suspect" is a gripping psychological thriller. I was engrossed in the story that I completed the book in one go.
The story begins with Nishant Joshi taking his last lecture of his criminal law students of their last semester. He introduced them to criminal laws and the criminal procedure code. Then he began with a case study that was the inspiration for many students as they get inspired by his oratory skills.
I enjoyed the legal background of the story and the way Shalini approaches facts and scrutinizes each detail as a lawyer. She spends time around case files investigating about the details of the Shobha murder case. She tries to figure out the approach taken by the defence lawyer Hansraj.
She takes up a job at his office smartly and listens to his discussions, court procedures. She blends well with the people working within that system, and finds out the loop poles of the case and the suspects differ with every page.
The author has well penned the legal facts and the manner in which the case is turned upside down with money. The writing is straightforward and the story moves at a comfortable pace.
I found myself wanting to know how far Shalini would go once she started connecting the pieces, especially because every answer seemed to come with consequences of its own.
I also liked the emotional conflict around her fiancé. Shalini has to decide how far she is willing to go for the truth without putting the people she loves at risk.
For me, the biggest hook was the single point of law that could change everything. It made me want to know: Will Shalini finally get justice, or will the powerful people around her silence her?
Overall, it is a gripping read for anyone who enjoys legal mysteries with family drama and revenge at the centre.

No comments:
Post a Comment
For any query, do message me. I will surely try to resolve at my earliest.