Sunday, September 27, 2026

I Am My Own Laxmi by Aarti Gupta

 I am my Own Laxmi



Laxmi is usually used for women or Goddess Laxmi, who initiates the wealth in the home. Women are so powerful and intelligent enough to earn as much money as they can. But they fail to manage money. Why? Is it their incapability or lack of sufficient knowledge?

These questions are answered in an adroit manner by the author. He shares about his journey of learning valuable lessons about managing money from his mother during childhood. He talks about how his mother managed the boardroom meetings along with money well. He received his initial lessons from her.

Through inspiring and thought-provoking stories, the author asks a general question: If women are capable of drawing lakhs of money every month, then Why do they hand over their hard-earned money to the male counterparts without a second thought? Why don't they trust themselves? Is it their incapability or conditioning that prevents them from acting for themselves?

I liked the "Snowball Method" and "The Avalanche Method" of getting out of debt, if any. He shares how death can create chaos in the lives of women after their spouse's death, making it hard for them to survive with family.

Each chapter ends with a valuable, life-changing thought that reminds you to take action and change your lives. This book acts like a must-read for all women.

Overall, "I am my own Laxmi" is a thought-provoking read. 

This blog is sprinting its way to the finish line with Piyush’s Plotters as part of The Blogchatter Half Marathon!

#Bookishlife2022_ #OpinionMatters 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For any query, do message me. I will surely try to resolve at my earliest.

I Am My Own Laxmi by Aarti Gupta

 I am my Own Laxmi Laxmi is usually used for women or Goddess Laxmi, who initiates the wealth in the home. Women are so powerful and intelli...